Thursday, August 14, 2008

my date with an ex-pat, Part 2

I know y'all are dying to know - yes I went on a second date with

the ex-pat. He is still tall, good-looking and very much an

eligible bachelor, but, alas, he is back in England, as of

yesterday. A couple of you emailed me and asked where I meet such a

fine-looking thing, and I say with a red face: Craigslist (CL).

I know, I know. Craigslist is for desperate, lonely people right?

Well, I was desperate and lonely back in England a couple months

back, after coming back from my cousin's wedding where there so

much 'love and ceremony' in the air. (Bah humbug! LOL! Just kidding!)

So, I put an ad on Craigslist - it read 'American Girl in London',

and holy moly, within minutes, I was flooded with emails from some

fantastic male candidates. I mean, I've done CL in SF one or two

times and nothing, and here I am in London getting emails from

CEOs, entrepreneurs, Hedge Fund managers, barristers, etc. (I am

surprised I didn't get something from the Prime Minister). So I was

contacted by some major heavy contenders, including my ex-pat. (I

also got a few obscene pictures and someone offering to suck my

toes... so not all good, but pretty impressive in regards to CL

standards.)

Many of you may not know this, but I have been single for three

years! Other than Mr. Rich - whom I talk about extensively in Goal

Digger - and that was anything but a regular, loving relationship.

Far from it...

So, my friends, I am ready to turn a new leave and give love a

chance, and Mr. Ex-pat may have entered into an auspicious

situation.... Alicia Dunams wanting to settle down.

OMG, say it ain't so!!

Yes, I know, I know it's been only two dates, yet I approached it a

bit differently than from other dates in the past three years: I

decided not to tell him about my book. The reason: I find that fact

about me scares men off a bit... or I can definitely say it

separates the men and the boys. Since the publishing of Goal

Digger, it seems that only older, wealthy gentlemen can handle my

sass and gumption, while younger, regular-type guys systemically

"head for the hills."

Nonetheless, after Date 2, I ended up sending him a text message

about my book, as I felt dishonest holding that fact back. So I

figured I may not hear back from him. But I did.

So, on another note, the ink is drying on my Korean publishing

deal, and in celebration I am offering a 'two-fer' deal: Two Goal

Digger books for the price of one - both autographed. Go to

http://www.goaldigger.com and enter 'two-fer' or 'two for' - they

both work, to get your books TODAY.

Also, email me with questions. And I love your feedback: I read

every last one of my emails. Keep them coming....

Follow me on

Join my FB page... http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=562050966

Follow me on Twitter... http://twitter.com/AliciaDunams

Regards and Kindness,

Alicia

P.S. And, as for the ex-pat, I'll keep you posted.

237 Kearny Street #174, San Francisco, CA 94108, USA

No comments: